FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suggest FT add “Like” button [implemented 9 Aug 2017]
Old Aug 16, 2017, 6:36 pm
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Ok, a quick review since like was enabled on FT on August 9th.

Parameters - I counted the posts on this thread since like was enabled on August 9th. I even included the maybes in the like part. If FTers (including myself & folk like JonNYC, etc) posted more than once I only counted our input once (which is what I did when I was a Talkboard member), unless the FTers changed their minds, which didn't happen in this case.

So results since August 9th when it got turned on & posted in this thread:

Those that like like (including the maybes) - 13.
That that don't like like - 40.

Obviously there are more that don't like like (especially in its current incarnation) than do. So if the announcement saying we want your input holds true, this input should definitely be taken into consideration.

And I would say to those who say to 'move on' - when did the minority decide for the majority?

I still stand by my initial point. I don't think like should be implemented, but if for some reason the CommunityDirector/IB decides it's important to keep it, then the following should be fixed/corrected:

* opt out - those who want to see likes can see them/those who don't won't. 'win-win' for everyone. why on earth would anyone be against a win-win?
* if it must stay, then fix it for crikey's sake - put the like in the button level & get the banner out of the middle of the posts. 'nuf said.

Cheers.