FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking Flights, Rooms, Cars, etc. w/ Ultimate Rewards Points, 2014-2017
Old Aug 16, 2017, 3:09 pm
moe8555

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by Need
Yeah I looked thru that thread, but my case is a little different. I know my tickets were non-refundable (normally), but Delta Air has done the refund due to death in the family. I just don't know what happened to the "refund". I have send a secure message to Chase to see if they know where the refund is. I am just wondering if anyone has experience with a Chase UR Travel points refund on CSR. Lets say you spent 100,000 points, do you get get 100,000 points back? Or you get $1000 back? Or dare I dream $1500 back because that would be the value of the points with CSR using UR Travel.
I discussed this in the other "BEWARE" thread. You get back the same method you used to book (i.e. if you used points, you get points refunded).

Since you cancelled the points tickets direct through Delta, you will have to start getting in touch with Chase, since they were not expecting a refund. They won't be able to piece it togethet until you explain the situation, and will probably call Delta in real time with you on the line to verify.

I am sorry for your loss.