FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Routing to Baku, Azerbaijan
View Single Post
Old Aug 16, 2017, 10:00 am
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by Occupationalhazard
Nothing wrong with Flying the 'Flot these days. I used to do it a lot to have the long flight with decent sleep and then bounce back into Europe in a legit business class.

It would seem that your more "conventional" options would be Aeroflot, Lufthansa, Turkish and Qatar, based on how important Skyteam is to you, and what your secondary alliance is. All things being equal, I'd probably choose between 'Flot and Turkish, with Turkish coming out ahead if we eliminated MQMs as a consideration. As spudley007 pointed out, navigating the new, er, "more modern" version of SVO isn't difficult at all.

O/H
I've heard lots of good things about Turkish, especially the on-board catering. However, Turkish business-class is 2x2x2. While I believe Aeroflot is also 2x2x2 up-front you at least get some mileage credit for flying Aeroflot as a Delta loyalist through the Sky Team partnership.

Not knowing your budget, I also found Atlanta-Madrid on Delta and Madrid-Paris on Air France in business-class on random dates in October for $6500. For Paris-Baku, business-class is between $1300 and $1500 round-trip, depending on the airline.

Depending on your budget and flexibility, it might be worth exploring one-ways or multiple tickets.