FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Berlin Files for Bankruptcy
View Single Post
Old Aug 15, 2017, 12:22 pm
kiez

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BA Silver, HHonors Gold, LeClub Accor Plat., Veteran of the EK Shower
Originally Posted by kiez
Just tried to book 2 awards using Topbonus LHR-ZRH in May next year to shelf off the last 20k miles we had
Did not yet auto ticket - also did not receive confirmation e-mail on booking yet after 1.5 hours - which is unusual

But can see the bookings in my profile and Amadeus - FLights confirmed but not ticketed

I think the first thing that was blocked is award ticketing on other OW carriers
Confirmed - official speech she said is a 'technical difficulty' to issue OW award tickets
Inofficially topbonus hotline just told me also confirmed ow and revenue bookings on other OW carriers (also with all flights HK-confirmed) will not be issued anymore until further notice...

E-mail forwarding of confirmation was manually stopped so you must write down the code online

However, she said it will not help as they will likely delete these bookings tomorrow morning

You can currently only use miles where Air Berlin seems to get revenue for doing so....