FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Few IROP and Related Questions
View Single Post
Old Aug 15, 2017, 11:35 am
bergamini

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Often1

2. However, you may run into trouble with $149 because you skipped asking DL for a voucher. DL pays almost nothing for those rooms and may well only reimburse you what it pays for those vouchers (which can be $50 or less).

3. Why indeed? Because there is no way of knowing who wants a voucher and because someone has to do the preparing. DL does do this on long-haul flights where it has hours to prepare. At some stations, the kiosks are set up so that you can handle rebooking and obtain vouchers without speaking with anyone.

4. How has DL handled your prior A rebooked into Y complaints?

5. Yes.

A couple of easier solutions:

A. Make the claim on travel insurance. It tends to pay up to a fixed amount and $149 is likely well within range. You get that and food and you have a check in a few days.

B. If this was business travel (corporate rate) why isn't this reimburseable by your employer, leaving to your employer --- or TA --- the decision to pursue DL or not?
At the point that it's well after 11 PM and I need to be up by 6:30 AM for 2 more flights to get home, I don't want to wait 30+ minutes in line and I am guessing that they would rebook me at a an offsite hotel. I didn't want to even risk that. Then I end up with 3-4 hours of sleep and add 2 shuttle trips into the mix. I was in my bed within 30 minutes of landing the way I did it. But, IDK, does DL use that Westin? I can't imagine their rates are amenable to DL even if discounted.

If they create the voucher kit and I don't want it, then they can cancel / discard. Most people who missed last connections are going to need a hotel.

I've gotten $200 on two prior occasions and 20-25K miles on the third, this is the 4th. I'm tired of complaining and getting $200. I want it to rebook me properly and my concern is that they aren't fixing the system.

I don't buy travel insurance and even if I totally lost out on this, I would still come out ahead with all the trips I take. My company gets a flat rate of $2250 per week I go MSN>BWI from the client. I was at about $2200 before the IROP so I don't feel my employer should lose out because of a DL mishap. I'm going to see if DL will pay first.