FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Few IROP and Related Questions
View Single Post
Old Aug 15, 2017, 10:04 am
bergamini

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
A Few IROP and Related Questions

I was on DL1637 BWI>DTW last Friday on an A fare. We experienced a maintenance issue with a bulb that was quickly fixed but then a ~ 20 wait for the infamous log. So we are looking to depart 30-40 minutes late but I know it's a padded schedule out of WAS airports and we can make up time. But then a single pax decides that either she's afraid now or that she's going to miss her connection and she wants off the plane. It's nearing the end of the day and I don't know why, but we wait an hour for a GA to bring the jet bridge over to let this person disembark. We end up getting into DTW 1h40m late and so I miss last connection to MSN for the day. I was using the app at BWI to rebook to first flight to MSN the next AM (a CRJ2) but during the process, that flight somehow sells out. My best option is then go DTW>MSP>MSN the next AM because the next MSN flight isn't until mid-afternoon. There are no F seats apparently for sale on either flight (those standby list showed 2 seats available on each) but I am confirmed in Y. I have to tell Twitter rep to put me on UG standby list and specifically point out that my order on standby list should be dictated by A fare and IROPS, not my PM status. I go to 2 on the DTW>MSP list, and am upgraded at T-15, and 3 on MSP>MSN and do not clear and sit in last row of a B717.

I have a lot of questions about this:

1. Are pax allowed to just demand disembark after door closed? We were well < 1 hour late, most of us would have made our connections and even if you missed it, at least you'd be at the point for the next one.
2. Will DL reimburse me for the hotel? The line at the customer care counter was ~ 20 long when I got there and I wasn't waiting. I booked the connected Westin on my app at my corporate rate of $149 and went over.
3. If DL knows our connecting flights have left, why don't they just prepare a hotel / amenity kit for those who clearly have to overnight and hand them out at the gate instead of making us wait 20 deep in a 2 CSR line?
4. I have mostly bought A fares this year for the SDC features it offers. But this is my 4th IROP where I end up being re-booked into coach and my order on the UG list is clearly determined by status and not that I'm flying IROP on an A fare. Have others experienced this issue?
5. Does DL keep track of customer complaints? This is my 4th complaint this year (I complain each time I fly in Y on an A fare -- 3/4 due to maintenance on 20-30 year old birds, 1/4 due to the storm debacle). I don't want to be known as a problem child but I do feel if I am paying for an A fare and then sit in last row of a B717 and am 14 hours late due to maintenance, that something is in order.

Sorry, I'm just kind of fuming about it because I really had to change a lot of plans on Saturday because of 1 passenger who wanted to disembark.