FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX to Frankfurt (FRA) using SPG points?
View Single Post
Old Aug 14, 2017, 4:20 pm
Efrem
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Rostropowich
Where did you look up the avails? I called AA (was on line for 1-2 hours) and they said they don't have anything for September. Are these agents a reliable source?
I checked online. I only checked for one person because, at the time, there was nothing in your previous posts to suggest you really wanted to take a friend - that was just a throw-away line. Go to aa.com, click "Advanced Search" so you can choose the class of travel instead of just economy, and be sure to check the "Redeem Miles" box. You'll get a calendar display with departure dates two weeks on either side of whatever you put in and the minimum number of miles per person for flights departing on that date.

Unfortunately, the fact that I found one ticket a couple of days ago doesn't guarantee that you'll find two on the same flight now. I did, however, find two seats at 57,500 miles each one way on flights departing August 29 and returning Sept. 6, if you can move your departure ahead a bit and that's a long enough stay.