FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flight Schedule Change info
View Single Post
Old Aug 14, 2017, 12:15 pm
Eastbay1K
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by pdxasflyer
After learning about a recent schedule change to upcoming flights over the holidays that are incredibly inconvenient, the reservation agent provided some interesting information to me over the phone that I'm not sure I'm buying.

In my instance, there is no A space on AS following our Int'l F award. So, we booked the AS connector separately. The new flight time (same flight number) only gave us a 55 min connection on the return (too short), so now can either overnight or go via SEA (no later directs to PDX).

The agent said that when the flight number does not change, it's because the airport has told the airline they need to reschedule their flight - that slot time is no longer available and the airline is given options to reschedule. She went on to say that when the flight number changes, "it's our fault".

Truth or bunk?

The airport in question is SJC. Not exactly slot restricted nor particularly busy, which makes me go "hmmmmm....."

Thoughts?
I am reminded of the South Park episode where they start eating from their nether regions and the poopoododokaka comes out of the mouth.