FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chances of making a 43 min PIT connection..
Old Aug 14, 2017, 12:04 pm
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by Often1
Why not simply book the PHL-XYZ (what is "XYZ?"). Take a train from NYC to PHL.

Much less time, no worries, and you can calibrate your departure because there are at least 2 Amtrak departures/hour and more options such as NJ Transit in a pinch.
Trust me I thought of that and looked into it, but 1 better, simply driving and flying out of PHL. Problem was the way back.

I cant spell everything out, but I've been trying to use up 12,5xx miles in a family members acct that wont be getting used any longer(unfortunately). Heck there were $130 1 way fares but for x months Ive always tried to see if a Saver was available when I was flying(elsewhere) and there never was or at least at times that I could have flown

If anything DL has non-stops for 10k but I want to use those AA before they expire

yrs ago I wouldnt have minded as the RDMs would be nice but nowadays I want the most direct flights.

Was toying with parking by JFK and Airtraining and busing or subway and busing it over to LGA (no Uber for me) but the amount of time I had to allow to make sure I made the flight didnt warrant it nor the $$ it would cost

I still check constantly if a JFK-CLT-XYZ opens at an a hour that works, fares are cheap but no Saver as of yet

Hoping for some bad weather with the RJs being delayed or CXed and that way hopefully AA will put me on a better set of flights and no they dont fly non-stop JFK-XYZ, which I couldnt believe