FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] AA: CAI - Argentina ~$2,500, unrestricted J
Old Aug 13, 2017, 9:32 pm
SpammersAreScum

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by tlott
Yeah, but if AA cannot determine fare data, it reverts to a distance based chart. I was curious if non-001 stock always = the distance based chart. That is how it is for UA.
It is not safe to assume you'll wind up on Special Fares just because the ticket is partner-purchased; you probably won't. Maybe that's because of their special fare-sharing arrangement; I don't know.

Originally Posted by whimike
Absolutely incorrect.

Early this year I flew the PEN-YVR fare that was on 001 ticket stock and all flights were AA flight numbers. All earnings were from the Special Fares table. I believe flights booked via AAVacations credit per the Special Fares table as well.
AAVacations uses the first Special Fares table because that's what AA says they'll do, as wdo "bulk" or "consolidator" fares. Flights end up using the second Special Fares table (the one with that 40% EQD) when the "fare is missing". Partner stock does not (necessarily) put you in this category.

Yes, it is possible that in the scenario discussed here you could get lucky and end up in the Special Fares table. Certain things like buying with points or having a ticket reissued seem to improve the odds greatly. But it is unlikely and certainly not something you should be basing your earn plan on.

Last edited by SpammersAreScum; Aug 13, 2017 at 9:54 pm