FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Plat/Gold/Bus cards. August 2016: 1 personal & 1 business bonus/24 months.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 6:14 pm
frudd38

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by sdsearch
The same thing happened to me. I'm 28 or 29 months since my last business AA closure, but I got my new business AA card this week, and then noticed on the paperwork that came with CitiBusiness AA card (not one of the separate mailings) it says:
Our records show that you are not eligible for the bonus offer based on a recent opening or closure of your Citi card(s).
After activating, I called the number of the back of my card, and the agent said they saw no signup offer on my account. I then asked to speak to a supervisor, and explained that the offer said only "bonus miles are not available if you have had any CitiBusiness / AAdvantage card opened or closed in the past 24 months", and that it was at least 28 months since I closed my last CitiBusiness card, so I should be eligible. The agent said he was opening a case for some department (AAdvantage miles department or something like that?) and that either they'll send me a letter within 2 to 3 weeks or call if they need a copy of the signup offer terms. He said it was likely it would be resolved in my favor based on what I had told him.

It kinda sounds like someone misprogrammed a Citi computer to check all Citi AA cards, not just CitiBusiness AA cards, opened/closed in the past 24 months.
This is unfortunate news. Maybe it should be noted in the wiki temporarily.