FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to optimize one day visit to Tokyo Disneyland (late Sept)
Old Aug 13, 2017, 12:06 pm
The _Banking_Scot
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by moretimeoffguy
I know Japan is predominantly a cash based society. But are credit cards accepted at Tokyo Disney? If mostly yes, then what are the cash only exceptions?

Looking through TDR (and Akhiba store) videos, it's looking likely we'll burn through our yen. Hoping despite TDR being owned by OLC they'll accept plastic.

Also... The next leg of our journey to Japan is Maui. We hardly ever check luggage (makes standby difficult, etc). And may have more merch than we can cram into our carry ons. So... generally, how expensive is it to have stuff shipped home to the U.S.?

We're staying at the Hilton Tokyo Bay for our final days in Japan. Might they have a shipping service? Or should we try to have TDR ship our Disney merch home? We realize there may be options available to those staying On Property even though we couldn't afford it this time. Or rather, refused to pay for revenue rooms at such high prices. Perhaps next time.

Thanks again for all the help I've received on this thread. Arrigato. Domo arriagato! :-)
Hi,

The ticket office and shops all took credit cards ( I used my amex). I think most of the larger restaurants also took them but not 100% sure as I used cash at the restaurants/snack cards.

I stayed at Tokyo Disney in January and I think they had express mail but not sure about a shipping service to the USA ( The Hotel ( Hilton Tokyo Bay) is very good and in walking distance to Tokyo Disneyland ( but not to tokyo disney sea)

Regards

TBS

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Aug 14, 2017 at 11:52 am