FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Newspaper Delivery Changes
View Single Post
Old Aug 13, 2017, 7:19 am
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by scottmlew
At a Renaissance this week, at check-in I asked to have USA Today and WSJ delivered each morning. I didn't get any papers the next morning. I went to front desk and got the papers and reiterated the request, which they said they'd take care of. The next morning I got only WSJ. Again went to front desk, reiterated the request, and was told it would be taken care of (many apologies offered, etc.) Third morning I got no papers. Annoyed, I again went to the desk and was told that it is no longer part of the Marriott "brand standard" to deliver papers as of Aug 1. I mentioned that I had heard rumors of that and that I understood that the hotel no longer needs to offer that service. I also indicated that the previous 3 people I spoke with shouldn't have accepted my request and told me they'd take care of it!

So, at least some properties are no longer offering the service.
Were there sufficient numbers of newspapers in the lobby?

Just because delivery isn't required doesn't mean they shouldn't do it if a guest asks. That would be like refusing to bring extra toiletries.