FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Questioning Loyalty to Marriott anymore
View Single Post
Old Aug 12, 2017, 10:54 am
darthbimmer

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
I don't mean to derail this thread, but I'm continually shocked at the number of people who judge the quality of a hotel (or a rewards program) by their complementary breakfast. Personally, I would put that item somewhere around #98 in the list of most important items to me, but the topic keeps coming up.
I get your point that breakfast is not important to you. It's not a make-or-break issue to me, either, but I'd still rank it at #3 or 4 on the list of elite benefits and 6-7th among hotel features overall. I definitely appreciate when elite complimentary breakfast is offered and done well, but it's rarely my deciding factor for choosing one property over another.

I recognize, though, that others may give it more weight, and why. For one, some people care more about eating breakfast than I do. I can skip it, or eat a protein bar I tucked in my bag, or grab something quick and light while I'm out and about. Two, I don't have a big family. If I did then even a modest breakfast offering could be a savings of $50/day versus having to go out somewhere for it, and at least a $75/day savings versus paying hotel restaurant prices for it.