FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice for Upcoming Flight for Eclipse
View Single Post
Old Aug 11, 2017, 6:54 pm
pokee

Just a quick update...I was able to cancel my BLI-PDX flight with no fee because of a schedule change, and they refunded my points because of there wasn't even any alternate flights to pick from! That was lucky!

So now that I'm officially driving down the I-5 from BC, I get to feel the full experience of the Eclipse weekend traffic - with the border included! Yay! But honestly, I'm feeling better about that than I am about airports and rental cars!!! I'm leaving on Thursday, so hopefully it won't be too bad. I guess I just really need to be concerned for the day of the Eclipse, which I would've had to battle regardless of flying down or driving.

Cute Alaska eclipse story, too: the agent that cancelled my reservation told me that they had a contest for all AS employees to enter to win a seat on a flight that will be in the path of totality. I'm guessing it was on this chartered flight ( https://blog.alaskaair.com/alaska-ai...rican-eclipse/ ) Of course, she didn't win, but apparently it was quite the exciting contest for all of them, and I'm sure an amazing win for whoever did!

Last edited by pokee; Aug 11, 2017 at 7:03 pm