FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers
Old Aug 11, 2017, 10:35 am
24left
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
Simply put, it's a space issue. J/C TPAC galleys are packed to capacity. Large dinner plates do not fit into the ovens (too big) and putting them into bun warmers would mean cold bread. The only aircraft where space and facilities permit heated plates would be the 767's which do not operate on this route. Some GP's will find a way to heat plates space permitting, but it cannot be done on a consistent basis and not on flights with full loads.
Thanks!

I understand and I know this challenge from conversations with the SDs.

Thing is, it was on a full J TPAC (the first 2 of the recent series) where my plate was warmish, but on the recent 2 TPACs, for e.g.., cabins were half-empty, so perhaps an attempt could have been made.

It is unfortunate to have a decent hot meal served on a cold plate. Even "room temp" would have been better.

Others here have also mentioned the silliness of putting a warm bread roll on an ice cold plate. I don't eat any of AC's bread products ex-Canada, but love the croissants etc from Asian departures, so I just remove the plate for the tray and ask for the warm item to be placed on a napkin on the tray. It's a simple solution and it works.