FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - San Diego North County Meetup Sunday, August 20, 4pm
Old Aug 11, 2017, 8:44 am
StartinSanDiego
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by KevinS
As far as OSide Harbor goes, possibly the lowest end choice of restos is CrapShack.
Yeah... well, maybe it's not the choice for the foodies in the group, but, besides the menu, here are some of my other criteria:

It's got enough room for a big or small group, so there's no problem if lots of extra people show up or people can't make it. That means I don't have to monitor attendance or get creative at the venue, and yet we can still all sit together. We've had 20-25 people show up, and that's a big group.
It's easy to find, easy to park, and easy to book a reservation.
They serve alcohol, in case someone wants a cocktail or beer.
The room is set up for us when we get there. The reservation has never fallen through the cracks and disappeared.
They are pleasant and accommodating throughout.
They don't seem to mind if we stay for hours and talk more than we eat or drink.
And, it's only a 40 minute drive for me...

So... I hope you understand and support my choice. The easier it is on me, the more likely I am to host (more) often. I like to see everybody, and it's nice for me not to have to drive south for an hour or more. Please come for the company and conversation, even if the food isn't tops on your list. Hope to see you there!