FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does anyone drink Matcha (Maccha) tea?
View Single Post
Old Aug 11, 2017, 8:41 am
winterqueen28

Originally Posted by mikeef
I have a coworker who is very into it. A quick google search revealed a long list of health benefits, everything short of restoring lost limbs. Not coincidentally, the sites that rave the most about the product give you an opportunity to buy it right from their sites. How thoughtful of them. Still, even the sites that appear "objective (and I know there's no such thing on the internet) have good things to say, although some of them are quicker to point out that there have not been too many studies done.

So, of course, I turn to the fountain of knowledge, the OMNI board on FT. What say you fine folks?

Thanks,
Mike
I own a matcha company, 3 Leaf Tea (threeleaftea.com) and have personally studied matcha before even started the company.

Basically, the tea leaves are ground up into a fine powder, so because you are consuming the whole leaf, you get much more nutritional value than other teas. One thing in specific is the combination of caffeine with amino acids. L-Theanine helped produce alpha brain waves which promote a state of relaxation. Paired with caffeine, helps keep you calm but alert. Also it's been studied that matcha contains more antioxidants then goji berries or blueberries.

It's pretty amazing stuff.