FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Same-day confirmed and same-day standby options
Old Aug 11, 2017, 8:05 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
OK I am SURE this is in here somewhere, but....

I am on standby for a 2 PM flight today. Am I correct in assuming that Delta won't clear this until just before boarding? (I am considering just cancelling the standby as it means I get to spend about 5 hours at the airport if I don't get on!)

I was hoping it would show online if it cleared this morning, but....
However, if you're checked in, you should be able to see your name on the standby list, your place on the list, and the number of available seats. EF shows fare class availability (or you can painfully get some of these numbers by doing dummy searches on delta.dumb) and seat maps also give you some information about what's available. Of course, IROPs tend to make all of this data irrelevant.

BTW, if you decide not to go to the airport, make sure that you're removed from the standby list. If you clear but no show, your ticket will probably be cancelled and you'll probably lose your confirmed flight.