FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Services that we have lost so far
View Single Post
Old Aug 11, 2017, 7:22 am
edy4eva

Not sure if it's been mentioned before:
1- No chocolates offered whatsoever in F nor J.
2- Tea served in a small cup instead of a proper sized mug (anyone recalls those nice kettles that have enough for 2 cups - did not see them for a while).
3- In F, despite being the only couple served, took them 10 full minutes and 2 bell calls to get water refills during a meal.
4- Shampoo/body wash in the A380 shower went from a NY-based brand with good scent and quality bottles to a Hungarian brand with impossible to squeeze bottles and horrid perfume.
5- Hot towels prior to arrival no longer offered.
6- Tooth brush from Colgate to a no-brand with poor grip and small/soft bristles.
7- Removal of cotton towels on the 787 (or could it be I was unlucky on my last flight).

I flew AUH-BEY last week seated last row in J on the 787, by the time the appetizer was served those in row 10 had already finished their dessert! They were busy clearing trays in rows 5-7 when I called a FA and asked them about our mains. I kid you not, we managed to finish our meal when over the Red Sea, did not even order a hot drink. Totally unacceptable for such a short flight, burning almost 3 hours to get through lunch.

Add to that odd placement of the tray tables in the 787, way too high - forget about being able to work on a laptop comfortably. Whoever behind this design flaw did a great job - not.