FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Plat/Gold/Bus cards. August 2016: 1 personal & 1 business bonus/24 months.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 7:18 am
RobertHanson

Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude
I responded to a 9 digits mailer addressed to my Dad (same last name) and I got the "Call us back" message.
My understanding is that the general consensus is to wait for a few days rather than calling back, is that correct?
JCD
Last 3 apps from DW and I:

I didn't call in, Citi fraud department called me after I had already been approved, to "make sure I'm the one who applied", very short and pleasant call.

I didn't call, got approved after about 10 days

DW didn't call, got a voice mail message from Citi asking to call them, called in, on hold for about 10 minutes combined, asked "if 15K is enough", yes it was approved.

So I'd say, if you get the generic "please call us", don't. If they really need to talk to you, Citi will call or mail you, and in that case call them back.

On the other hand, Citi is different from Chase. AFAIK, there is no harm in calling right away. It just means you will probably be put on hold, over and over again, for possibly as long as 30 minutes. And then are just as likely to be approved as if you didn't call. So if you don't mind being on hold for that long, maybe working on your computer while it's happening, you will get that approval perhaps as much as a week earlier.