FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]
Old Aug 11, 2017, 6:41 am
Jon Maiman

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Bigmerv I have stayed at the Wailea Marriott a couple of times with my family. I think it is a great resort for families with two nice beaches in easy walking distance and the Wailea Shoppes also in easy walking distance. The onsite Luau is nice; however, go for the show and not the food/drinks. The food and drinks are okay but nothing to write home about. It is great being able to walk to the Luau from your room. Both of my stays were pre-renovation and it was very good then. I imagine it is even better now. There are a lot of other nice beaches and restaurants nearby in the Wailea and Kihei areas. Touring to Hana, Mt. Haleakala, etc. will be a bit of drive from both properties. Wailea is probably slightly easier.

I haven't stayed at the Ritz but the grounds are very nice. Merriman's restaurant next to the property is excellent. There is a nice snorkeling area, Honolua Bay, which is good for beginners near Kapula. DT Fleming beach at The Ritz is also nice but would be a bit more of a walk from the rooms though there is a free shuttle. You would be much closer to Lahaina with lots of nice restaurants and boat tours to Molokai and Lanai. While I do like Kapula, I like Wailea even better. I don't think you can go wrong with either property. Enjoy your trip.

--Jon