FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2017 Combined AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)
Old Aug 10, 2017, 7:07 pm
kjm12898

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Catering issues

Flew this week from LAS-DFW and then DFW-LGA, and both flights had catering issues.

LAS-DFW was breakfast flight with choice of oatmeal or egg biscuit. Catering forgot the bread and the basket, so everyone got a vanilla greek yogurt. FA said it was a short haul under 1299 miles, which usually don't get a yogurt, not terrible.

However, DFW-LGA was a mess. It was 10 minutes prior to departure and the FA said to the gate agent she was not catered yet. She had to call for them. They came and we pushed back a few minutes late. Then in the air, she took orders back to front. Shouldn't of been front-back? Anytime I have taken NYC-DFW, orders have always been taking front to back. I was in the first row. I did not pre-order due to switching my flight the same day. The choices were the Vietnamese Salad with chicken or Pasta Rotolo I ordered the chicken, and she said it was the last one ^. She then came back and said she was short a meal tray, and that happened to be the chicken. She was apologetic, and offered a salad, wrap, or sandwich from main cabin. I asked for a wrap. Well, catering did not load any of the food for sale in main cabin . After checking all the carts, there were 4 sandwiches. I declined. Oh well. Good thing I wasn't really hungry. Ironically, she had enough nuts and 6 extra cheesecakes. I wrote to customer relations and received the following response:

There is no doubt that your flight would have been more enjoyable if you were served your requested meal. We have forwarded a copy of your criticism to our Catering Manager for review.

Also, as a concrete form of apology, I have added two electronic upgrades to your account to help make your future travel more enjoyable. Your goodwill is important to us and we wish to make amends for your unhappy experience.
I assume those "electronic upgrades" are 500 mile upgrades. If that is the case, what a shame because those are useless, especially as a gold. I was expecting miles, what do you think?