FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Plastiq for rent, tuition, utilities, etc.(2017)
Old Aug 10, 2017, 1:19 pm
frudd38

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by sdsearch
People post in wrong threads all the time, and your initial post didn't have a single thing that indicated it was about Plastiq. Apparently you though everyone in this thread knew your math (you mentioned 1.09 cpp but didn't tie it into 2.5% in your initial post) knew what you meant. Not the case at all. It just seemed like random numbers to many people.

Keep in mind that unlike most threads in this MS forum, this Plastiq thread is far from being all about MS. It's just here because enough of the discussion it is is about MS, but it's far from a dedicated-to-MS thread. So that's why a post solely about MS rates for this or that didn't seem like it had anything to do with Plastiq to many people.

You seem to think that everyone has done this math and thus recognizes it. Far from it.

I've only used Plastiq when doing signup bonuses, where I'm getting the equivalent of 4x, 10x, 20x, 30x,.whatever 60000 miles for $3000 spend or 35000 SPG points for $8000 spend or 30000 miles for $1000 spend, etc, happens to be. In those cases, the 2.5% Plastiq fee is clearly worth it, no detailed math required. I spend most of my year doing minimum spend on signup bonuses, and I don't have time to waste the rest of it worrying about doing a little of bit of traditional MS on the remaining few purchases. So why should I (or anyone else in a similar situation) have done your math just to see if it had anything to with Plastiq or not?
Thanks, I'll keep in mind to dumb down posts.