FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Upsell Offers to Business/First at Purchase and Day of Departure (TOD) [Archive]
Old Aug 10, 2017, 10:31 am
Starman

Originally Posted by findark
Sure, no problem. Grabbed the following at random from some of my receipts from last year. (Ignore the highlights as I had search enabled.)

If you see this, you purchased a "TOD offer"/premium cabin upsell. Your fee is non-refundable, non-transferrable, not part of the coupon value, and you will not earn PQD or RDM for the additional amount. This happens if you accept the upgrade offer (a) at booking, or (b) during or after check-in.

Attachment 37735

If you see this, your actually changed your ticket to a First or Business class ticket. Your additional money has been added to the coupon value, the fare basis has been changed, and you will earn additional PQD and RDM. This happens if you accept the upgrade offer (a) using "Buy Up to United First" or similar from Manage Reservations, or (b) by calling and asking to change to the premium cabin with a change fee waiver per GG BUYUP:

Attachment 37734

Your actual PQM earnings depend on the booking code, which varies in the first case and is always a revenue earning code in the second. This thread deals primarily with reports of offers using the first mechanism, whose pricing is less well understood.
What does "EDD" stand for in the first example? I've had this numerous times and asked many CSRs, and no one seems to know. I'm wondering if this is the modern equivalent of the old "MCO" (miscellaneous charge order)?