FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "The Points Guy" takes the mickey out of United & Polaris
Old Aug 10, 2017, 9:36 am
tuolumne

Originally Posted by leungy18
You can't possibly be serious. Sure, it's better than 10-abreast economy.

UA's 2-4-2 product is a decade behind the competition, while they market a superior product and charge similar prices. FlyerJT has every right to call UA out on that.

When you charge upwards of $4,000 for a round-trip flight -- you should offer privacy and good storage at minimum. All-aisle access is a huge plus. The 2-4-2 product is way too close to strangers for comfort.
This conversation has been flogged to death over the last decade.

United launched this product in 2006, and it was heralded as industry leading among it's US peers at that time, being the first lie flat of any US carrier in C (AMR/UAL had F suites in F for years before then).

A poll of FTers during integration-time even showed a near 50/50 parity preference between IPTE C and B/E Diamond seat. Remind me where the storage is in the latter seat, or in BA C for that matter. IPTE has amazing cushions, pleasing industrial design, large AVOD, collapsible armrests, and long bed length. I can't lie flat in SQ's C - I can in the middle seat of a United 3-class 777.

This 2-4-2- whining is just that - whining. I understand if you desire privacy, and the new product certainly addresses that. Go fly BA C, with it's "privacy", and you'll be crying for UAL IPTE.

I truly do not understand the hatred for IPTE F or C.

Last edited by tuolumne; Aug 10, 2017 at 9:42 am