FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2017 Combined AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)
Old Aug 10, 2017, 9:00 am
MrAndy1369

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by kjm12898
AA211
JFK-LAS
737-800
First Class
Dinner

Choice of:

Grilled Chicken
couscous, roasted vegetables, roasted garlic sauce

or

Cheese Cappelletti.
roasted garlic artichoke sauce

My sister and I both originally pre-ordered the grilled chicken, but switched to the earlier flight when our later flight was delayed 2 hours. We were seated in the bulkhead (3E/F) so by the time the purser got to our row there was only one chicken and one pasta left. I had the chicken. It was not terrible, but bland. It did not have any roasted garlic sauce. My sister had the pasta and said it was decent. Bread basket came with choice of sourdough, cheese, or pretzel. A made to order ice cream sundae was offered for desert with choices of hot fudge, warm butterscotch, fresh berries, nuts, or whipped cream. Snack basket was also passed around about an hour before landing.

(Sorry for the bad images)
Looks delicious! And it's worth noting that a made-to-order sundae on a JFK-LAS flight is actually an improvement over pmAA, because on pmAA, the "sludges" were served on those longer midcon routes - yes, including JFK-LAS, which did not get the pmAA transcon treatment with printed menus, etc. Didn't realize JFK-LAS was eligible for the MTO sundaes, but then again it's a bit over 2200 miles.

Color me impressed. Don't want to jinx anything, but AA meals lately really seem on the up and up. ^