FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia [Master Thread]
Old Aug 10, 2017, 8:44 am
navatwal

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Many thanks for the info.

I forgot to add travelling with a 16 month infant.

Would you reccomend a Villa or OWB bearing this in mind?

I really do like the look of the Premier Villas with pool or tub.

Also how would be the best way to get from the ST Regis to The IC.

Seeing as they are pretty close who should i contact to arrange the transportation?

Originally Posted by Woodsmit
  1. Think the contact info is on their website; beware, somewhat slow to respond
  2. The Reef villas are on the ocean side of the reef/island the hotel is built on. All the overwater bungalows are on the lagoon side (you are on a ring surrounding the central island). The rooms are a bit shady. though most have pools as I recall. The overwater bungalows are huge to begin with so size would not be my deciding factor. I always camp in my room rather than using the central pool area because they are so nice (I have never stayed in the deluxe/superiors, only the premier and royal but they entry overwater's look great too). If you prefer central pool / beach, then no need, if not, then upgrade as I feel like the reef property is relatively dark for just hanging about given the tree cover / orientation.
  3. You pay for the transport to/from the airport as part of the bill (tacked on as a mandatory charge). Just tell hotel what flight you are on and either the big or small yacht will be waiting (door to door; very easy)
  4. Yes there is gift shop with the basics including sunscreen, though there are also free dispensors by the main pool. Prices are not terrible
  5. Internet is fine depending on the room (ie how close to the repeater). I have streamed netflix from there fine, though again, I suspect this might very from room to room given the size of the property.

As a side note, November is low season. Decent chance of an upgrade as a platinum