FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Plat/Gold/Bus cards. August 2016: 1 personal & 1 business bonus/24 months.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 7:24 am
MadMadso

Originally Posted by Salter5
Hey all,

quick background:

Since the 80-'s I had the silver Citibank AA visa. And now the Gold MC which they automatically upgraded me to.

Anyway -- kept the card out of habit I guess (I only have a Chase Business Ink as my other card -- much better).

For me, it started because in the 80's it was a good card. Now that I'm spending and traveling again, I'd love to maximize my mileage where I can!

Thank you.

Jimmy
Keep the card for your age of accounts. Use it every 6 months. As Craykittens said, you need to know when they product changed you. If it was less than 24 months ago and you want AA miles, you can get the Aviator. It costs $95 right away, but with no minimum spend requirement. I can't think of how to get AA miles from Amex or Chase, a problem I ran into a few years ago but hope to never have again. Occasionally a link surfaces with no 24 month language so keep checking back if you are bound by the 24 months.