FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pine Cliffs Hotel, Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal [Master Thread]
Old Aug 10, 2017, 5:58 am
christianj

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by thomasito
I also had the feeling the whole complex is just too big for beeing a luxury resort. The other problem is that there is no division between the cheaper and higher end parts of the comple. I also think that there are not enough pools for the size of the hotel and what is really missing is a seperate area for adults only (as there are many areas especially for families and children). During my stay, I experienced the breakfast as a big deaster - felt more like in a youth hostel rather a luxury hotel.
+1 on the comments of separation and needing an adult pool!

As for the breakfast, it was indeed a zoo BUT I find this common when vacationing at larger resorts in Europe or sometimes even in city hotels. Fact of the matter is that most European tourists book their vacations with some sort of meal plan that includes at least a breakfast. (this is NOT common in the US at all and most of my European counterparts complain that we always have to pay for breakfast in the US) The fact that the breakfast is included in the rate IMHO fully explain the free for all atmosphere! The mantra seems to be....stuff yourself as full as possible AND if you can get away with it pack a plastic bag full of stuff to take to the beach with you for lunch to feed your family of 4! The amounts I have seen people eat and the things I have seen them try and pack to take on the go are absolutely disgusting. Sadly staying at more expensive hotels does NOT seem to always help as people with money don't always have better manners. How do you solve this? Offer one free entree off the menu as the "included breakfast" and call it a day. Problem with this is that people will ..... and complain about the stingy breakfast at the place they stayed.

Reality is that if some people feel that they paid for it (or earned it) they are going to take advantage of it to the full effect...just look at all the comments we get about the zoo like atmosphere in hotel club lounges. People feel they either paid to upgrade to the club lounge level or they feel their loyalty has earned them the right to the club lounge based on elite status. Some of those then drag as many people into the lounge as possible and voila!!!....we have a lounge free for all!

Last edited by christianj; Aug 10, 2017 at 6:07 am