FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA wants to get more intimate when doing passenger pat downs.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 1:13 am
LtKernelPanic

Originally Posted by LtKernelPanic
While I'm looking forward to my vacation to Arizona this summer I'm dreading the trip to Phoenix and back. Up until last month our little airport has been WTMD only and now it has a NoS. I'm hoping having Pre through GE will mean I'll still get "pre-lite" as before and get sent through the WTMD. I don't know what I'll do if they send me to the NoS. Opt-out and have someone potentially assault me* or go through the strip search box. The last time I was in Phoenix I got "randomly" selected for additional screening and since I felt like crap I swallowed my pride and went through the NoS. Knowing the TSA's reputation there if it happens again I'll probably have to swallow what's left of my pride and go through it again.

*I say potentially because IME the TSA screeners are the best I've ever seen. They're polite, friendly and get people through quickly; something their colleagues in other airports could learn how to do. The few times I've seen then do a pat down they were quick and didn't karate chop the "resistance".

Well I leave for this trip in a few hours and I still don't know what I'll do if I get sent to the scanner. I guess going through the scanner is like the lesser of two evils but that's like having to choose between getting kicked in the shin or in the junk. Here's hoping I get the "Pre-Lite" treatment tomorrow but since I'll be taking my quadcopter with me who knows that'll happen. I may end up walking funny down the jetway when they're done.