FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suggest FT add “Like” button [implemented 9 Aug 2017]
Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:46 pm
JonNYC
Suspended

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by javabytes
I support a Like button, to the extent that it stops people from posting "+1" or "^" replies, and actually reduces clutter. ...
Originally Posted by nequine
I enjoy reading the trip report section but don't always want to repeat myself saying the same thing, so I'd like a 'like' button so that I can acknowledge the work someone has done (and the time taken) to post a trip report....
Originally Posted by nittanylion1
It would be a validation that the post contains useful information, making it more valuable to newbies..
Originally Posted by MANtraveller
I would have 'liked' or 'helpful posted' this post with good suggestions without clogging up the thread with what I feel is unnecessary space to just agree with the original comment.

I feel it would make the forums easier to find great input from other members without too much of the surrounding posts that agree, +1 or sometimes dislike (no button for that please)

there are many times I have stopped myself from making a few word reply based on my opinion of the relative value, but the original poster has little idea of how well his/her post/comments are received by many people - just my thoughts !
Agree 100% with the above (and the others that said the same-- will reduce clutter and will help people figure out which posts have been deemed helpful to large #'s of members.

Strongly in favor of this feature.

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
We are about to roll out a like button. I'll be posting a global announcement. Once you use it, feel free to post your reaction and any glitches that you experience.

Carol
Community Director
Glad it was decided to be worth a try!