FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sky Club Access (2009 - June 2022)
View Single Post
Old Aug 9, 2017, 3:01 pm
gooselee
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
Wow, you guys really don't travel with your families, do you?

I just meant that I always felt the $29/$59 fee was to help offset the cost of the free alcohol and well, kids don't drink alcohol.
Actually, I do travel with my family. Extended family, even. Sometimes the $29/person is worth it. Often it's not.

I don't know why people keep equating the $29/$59 fee to payment for alcohol. It's not, and if it was, that would be a pretty bad deal (especially for $59). For $29 I can probably get two much better drinks in an equally comfy seat at the airport bar.

What you're actually paying for is entry to a limited-access space within an airport, within which (and as part of the overall operating cost), there just happens to be complimentary food, beverage, reading material, power outlets, wifi, bathrooms, etc. available. Alcohol is only a small part of what you're paying for.

Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
Wow, really? It's not a businessman's club... it's a club. I have every right to have my child in there, as long as they are acting accordingly.
Yes, you do have every right to bring your child in there...in exchange for the appropriate fee which DL has clearly established and advertised ahead of time.