FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Now on Marriott.com: Pay to Guarantee Your Upgrade!
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:54 am
OU812

Programs: United 1K, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Sharon, I think you might be referring to the discussion regarding eStandby upgrades, where an email is received from the hotel a few weeks before the stay regarding paying a fee for an upgrade that may be available at check-in. See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...at-status.html
Originally Posted by CPRich
Is "pay to guarantee your upgrade" much different than "book an upgraded room"? I can always guarantee I'm upgraded to a suite by booking a suite. I know I've seen upsell popups in the past, though I don't track which web site I was on.

EDIT: FWIW, I just did a mock-booking at the property. A regular room was $169 and the "Extended, Larger Guest room" or "Concierge level," were both $199. What were you getting for the $57/night upgrade?
That's just it. It was to guarantee an upgrade, but nothing was specified when I clicked on the link, just a luxurious king bed. When making the reservation only one room type was available. So not sure what type of upgrade I would be paying for.

I have had upsells for concierge level rooms, view rooms etc., pop up before completing the reservation. But this was on the page that shows the confirmation # after the booking was complete. I have never had an upsell pop up that explicitly states, "Pay to guarantee your upgrade!"

The more I think about Hilton's offers, they are not guarantees, you select the upgrade that you want and if it is available at check in you will get it for the specified price. Similar to the eStandby upgrades emails discussed above.

Regards,

RIP...

Regards,

RIP..