FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX Lounge Experience
View Single Post
Old Aug 9, 2017, 10:33 am
24left
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Routemaster1
"Generalization Alert"....many 'mercans don't use 24h clock......

And they're still not metric. Sigh.

Originally Posted by nzkarit
From all the analytics AirNZ would have on me I would have thought it would be very clear that 24 hour is my preference.....
I had a brief chat with someone in a NZ uniform at LAX TBIT on one of my recent departures from there. She said she works for a company that contracts to various airlines. They are assigned to handle check-in, help, etc for the airlines during the check-in timeframe. No way did she have the answers to questions that a NZ employee would have.

As for the *A lounge, they are contract as well - even if NZ manages the LAX lounge on behalf of *A. I wouldn't expect them to know about customer preferences.

BTW, the only staffing difference I found there was when I recently flew F ex-LAX, a couple of people in the uniforms of the airlines who had F pax in the F lounge, came by to let us know gate numbers and boarding times. Not sure if they were employees of ANA, OZ, CA or if contract. In the J lounge, other than the entry desk staff, there were no airline agents that I saw, just boarding announcements.