FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Wellesley Knightsbridge, a Luxury Collection Hotel, London, UK [Master Thread]
Old Aug 8, 2017, 11:14 pm
stant

Programs: Bonvoy ambassador - lifetime plat / Hilton diamond / hyatt globalist / AA CK baby!
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
It's obviously impossible to say which location is better. Knightsbridge has become a theme park for rich Russians, Arabs and Americans and so you will almost never see anyone who lives in London going anywhere near there. It's fascinating, but in a pretty awful way.

Equally though, calling the drug-infested den of inequity which is Kings Cross a clearly "better" location is perhaps pushing things slightly. I'd certainly always pick Kings Cross over Knightsbridge as a base for London though.
As abase for london? Kings cross might be a good base if you plan on taking the train, but if you plan on staying in London? why bother? Don't get me wrong, I LIKE the great northern. I have stayed there for multiple 1 to 2 weeks stays, with a 9 day stay ins eptember, but normally when I do it's for when the girl and I plan on staying int he room more than seeing london Most everything most visitors are going to want in london is a tube ride away, so at that point why not just stay in the middle of it? the SPG properties in the tourist areas often times have rates that are on par with the great norther, at least if you stay in the cubit rooms (and those are still pretty small, even by london standards)