FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Taipei REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Aug 8, 2017, 10:09 pm
olouie

Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
Way better? Really?

I can see someone saying it is way better than the US lounges (basic)... but GHS is way better than GHT? Really? I would like to know the metric used for your comparison. And the service was way above what I experienced at GHS. The concierge ladies out front bent over backwards to assist us with our needs, including seeing the hotel nurse and arrange for us to visit a doctor when our son had a fever.
I basically had exactly opposite experience for the 3 days I was there so I guess YMMV. Service was absolutely horrible. Wait for the breakfast eggs was 10-15 minutes each day. Chef was very limiting on dim sum items allowed per guest (1 piece of each). Dirty tables left full of plates and other items for a long time. Hard to get anyone's attention. When I mentioned how bad the service was the manager just shrugged and said they were busy.

Evening spread is no comparison - GHS had an amazing evening food spread with seafood, sushi, crab legs and much much more (this was around 2 years ago). I think crab might only have been one night a week, but still really good. Service was also top notch. Plates cleared right away, attendants very prompt and remember what we liked to drink.

Didn't use the concierge too much except to check out so cannot comment on that.