FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Told to "go to airport" to book award ticket
Old Aug 8, 2017, 8:44 pm
lewinr

I had a similar problem booking tickets for myself(!) from TLV to Moscow. I was told it was to prevent credit card fraud, which sounds absolutely stupid since I wanted to use the same credit card I had used many times below to purchase tickets and pay taxes/fees on awards with KLM/AF. (not to mention that my account was open for more than 10 years). They insisted I come to the airport to ticket it, which was impossible for me.

The agent also refused to connect me to a supervisor, claiming "We aren't allowed to do that."

I had around 100k FB points in my account and finally I asked him to close my FB account and cancel all my points, because I would never fly AF/KL again. The agent told me he also couldnt do that and I should send a letter. I hung up and called again and got another agent who told me the same story. This agent however said that I could request a callback from a supervisor. A few hours later the same agent called me back and said the supervisor had authorized them to issue the ticket over the phone as a "one time courtesy".

If this stupidity will continue I really will cancel my FB account and never fly AF/KLM again.