FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - August 2016: Citi limit 1 personal card bonus per program (AA/EX/HH/TY) in 24 months.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 5:14 pm
dangw20

Originally Posted by dangw20
Does anyone have a data point on whether you can downgrade a Citi Prestige card to Citi Preferred without resetting the 24 month clock on sign up bonuses for TYP cards (Prestige/Premier/Preferred)? Thanks in advance
Originally Posted by sdsearch
I have my doubts. We've only seen one or two datapoints of people who downgraded any Citi TYP card (Prestige or Premier) to Preferred in the first place (ie, datapoints on the downgrade itself). Unless those one or two people tested the 24 month clock, and then came back to report, I don't see where you going to get any data points. (Apparently very few people in this forum have done that downgrade to date.)

So you may have to become your own guinea pig, if you're that interested in finding out if it's possible.
Originally Posted by dangw20
Thanks, I plan on calling in a couple months when my fee hits and if they don't offer a good retention offer given all the devaluations I am going to downgrade to Preferred and see if it works.
Update: Called to cancel this week and was offered the $50 credit per billing cycle for 7 cycles if you spend $1500 or more that many are reporting in this thread. So this experiment will have to wait, unless someone else gets a data point in the meantime.

I plan on applying for a ThankYou points earning card in February once I'm out of the 24 month window with Preferred, Premier, and Prestige all still open. Will be interesting to see if I am approved. Will report back then.