FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Taipei REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Aug 8, 2017, 3:10 pm
nightkhan

Programs: pleb
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
Way better? Really?

I can see someone saying it is way better than the US lounges (basic)... but GHS is way better than GHT? Really? I would like to know the metric used for your comparison. And the service was way above what I experienced at GHS. The concierge ladies out front bent over backwards to assist us with our needs, including seeing the hotel nurse and arrange for us to visit a doctor when our son had a fever.
Will agree the concierge ladies at GHT are absolutely amazing. Staying there twice a year, and my family/relatives staying there more often than I, they always take care of us like family. Stellar service from them.

From my experience, their lounge can get very busy depending on the time of the year. I've seen them open up the conference rooms for use outside the lounge during times like CNY. Their breakfast spread isn't to die for, but very acceptable. What I wonder more often than not is, with all the great cheap local food around, why people would complain about the hotel lounge food instead of going out and exploring the local delicacies. For instance Fu Hang Dou Jiang is an amazing Taiwanese breakfast eatery and I'd much rather experience that than stick to hotel lounge offerings. On that note, please don't all start heading to FHDJ now, their morning line is long enough already