FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Options with minor schedule change?
View Single Post
Old Aug 8, 2017, 8:19 am
JohnneeO

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Gold (Current Platinum), United Mileage Plus, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Taoyuan
I mean, it always comes down to the agents too, despite all the rules and such. There are people on here who claim to have had continued success with 1-5min changes. Since you had the equipment change (and any time changes), I suspect you can get what you're looking for.
Which is what I am about to do.

I have a flight from EWR-TPA in November, and the schedule change was between 10 and 13 minutes arrival/departure.

Our original arrival time was 9:49 PM, and it was changed to 9:59 PM. The second agent I spoke to moved us to a much earlier flight, now we are arriving at 1:48 PM. Since we are driving to Walt Disney World after we land, this is much better for us.

Our original flight was (and continues to be) the least expensive flight of the day, which is why we originally willing to arrive that late. All things considered, this is working out well for us. We were able to pay the price of the later flight, but now we have the convenience of traveling on the earlier flight. A win-win.