FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Luxury on the west coast of Florida?
View Single Post
Old Aug 7, 2017, 10:30 pm
Travel K

Programs: Virtuoso
Originally Posted by myeurocrush
Thanks for the suggestions. I ended up booking the Ritz Sarasota over the one in Naples because the rates were significantly lower for my dates around Xmas, and Sarasota is closer to where my family lives that I would like to visit. I was about to book through Virtuoso until I found a much better deal on Hotels.com that included breakfast and parking. Also the Virtuoso Agent assigned to me was going to charge me a 50 Eur fee for the hotel booking. I had no idea Virtuoso agents charged a fee. Is that normal?
DavidO answered the Virtuoso advisor part perfectly....you do not have to go with who was assigned to you and there are many of us on here who do not charge a fee for straight hotel reservations.

I was looking at this area recently myself to visit family. More specifically, I needed Anna Maria Island for later this year and the RC Sarasota is too far at about 45 minutes away. I did find out there is a new hotel in the Marriott Autograph Collection due to open this month, called the Waterline Marina. Depending on where you need to be, this could be an option.