FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Phone no. to English speakig Top Bonus call center?
Old Aug 7, 2017, 1:16 am
javabytes
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Is there any way to reach the TopBonus service center in English? I called the US number first (917-261-3165), and whoever answered said he was not TopBonus and wasn't able to do what I needed, telling me to call +49 180 6343 333 to talk to a TopBonus rep. He said not to hit the key for English, but to hit the key for German, and that the German agents would be able to speak English to me. Tried it... got an agent speaking German with zero understanding of English. Tried again and followed the menu prompts for English this time... still ended up with a German-speaking agent who spoke just enough English to tell me she didn't understand English, and to call back and press 1 - 2 - 1 in the menus to reach somebody who spoke English. Tried that, pressing 1 and then 2 not understanding the German prompts (no opportunity to hit a 3rd key), and then got put through to a German speaker once more...