FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking under someone else's name
View Single Post
Old Aug 6, 2017, 8:23 pm
kq747

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by FlyWithKaeMarie
I'm not sure if this has been posted before, was unable to find something, but recently my dad has helped me quite a bit with getting a new car and as a thank you I want to purchase him a ticket from SYD - MLA return.

He hasn't met his granddaughter yet so as a Father's Day pressie I wanna send him through but I've never purchased a ticket under someone else's name. Is it basically the same, just with his name? And could I add my FF number to the booking?

Thanks!
Yes; it is the same process except the passenger name and billing information will different. You cannot add your FF number but rather his. You could create an account for him if you think it would be useful for him or add him as a family bonus member so that you can earn miles.

One thing to note when booking a ticket for someone else is that for certain routes, EK used to often say that you may be required to present the credit card used to book at check in for verification, as I would use my parents card when I was a student. It has been a while since I have read this or been asked to show my credit card so I'm not sure if this policy is still existent.