FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Spending $$$ for far-off leisure travels for few days
Old Aug 6, 2017, 5:36 pm
evergrn

Originally Posted by Annalisa12
For me travelling is part of the fun. The holiday doesn't start when I arrive at my destination but when I leave my house.
Do you usually fly coach or in premium cabin? For me, the only part of traveling I enjoy is the airport lounge. Otherwise I'm with CDTraveler. The flights, boarding, customs and all that are all things I endure rather than enjoy. I can't wait to get to my destination when I'm traveling.

Originally Posted by CDTraveler
To the OP: I'm one who would not do the long travel time/short trip/high $$$ combo as the pay-off, being where I want to be, is not the worth cost of enduring the travel time. I understand Asia is your first choice destination, but for 5 days and that many time zones, I'd find somewhere I like closer to home.
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
With limited time off, spending 2-3 whole days flying makes much less sense, especially with kids.

The US/Canada/Mexico has a lot to see and do with much more reasonable travel times so you're not wasting much of your time off sitting in a metal tube.

If I were you, I'd probably focus on shorter distance trips, with maybe one longer (1-2week) trip to Asia a year.
I think these would be the sentiments of the general population and is along the lines of what I was feeling myself. Just wanted to see if i'd get different perspective on this on FT and be convinced otherwise.

Btw, my kids would do very well on this type of itinerary. I'd be worn out more than the kids. They're small so they don't find Y seats to be uncomfortable, they don't have to pack, and they're so used to international travels that they don't even experience much jet lag anymore.