FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - High number of complaints on Singapore Airlines new Premium Economy product
Old Aug 6, 2017, 9:48 am
fly747first
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Beolab
Just got off a roundtrip, SIN-CDG, ingoing in Premium Economy and outgoing in Business Class. Situation still the same in Premium Economy. Book the Cook meals served first. Accompanying drinks service came around 25 minutes later. I did not bother anymore to ask for a glass of wine with the meal, but four other Book the Cook passengers did. They got quite angry when they received the reply that the drinks service would start soon, but it never showed up in time.

Needles to say, that the Book the Cook meals were well finished before the drinks service started. The passenger next to me, was a journalist for Condé Nast Traveler Magazine and addressed the Leading Steward very politely, when he passed by. The journalist said to the Leading Steward that he was planning on writing an extensive article about his Premium Economy experience on SIA. After this he handed over his business card to him. It's sad that such a wonderful airline completely messed up this new cabin class.

I recently also flew EVA Airways from Taipei to New York. What a joy! Dedicated and perfect crew members for Premium Economy (they call it Elite Class). Dedicated restrooms for this cabin class and perfect service. I will definitely try them again on other routes. After landing the cabin crew even thanked every Premium Economy passenger for flying EVA Airways! I can really understand that they have been appointed 5 stars by Skytrax recently.
This is unacceptable for SQ. If cabin crews can't do a drink serve efficiently, then the airline should load plenty of small bottles of water to provide to PY pax.