FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thoughts on IT Luggage?
View Single Post
Old Aug 5, 2017, 11:18 pm
ikwia

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
I just used the IT Luggage 22" rollaboard for the first time. I found it completely serviceable as a carry on, but I wouldn't even think of checking it. I will only be using this on trips when I am severely weight constrained, but I found it fine for that purpose. I was able to pack for a week, including exercise clothes and shoes (but all casual clothing, no business attire). I am about 5'9" and found the handle length just fine, and the rubber on the handle is very comfortable. I even found that I was able to push the bag if I was careful, despite the handle not locking. There is little exterior protection, so I would lift it over curbs...otherwise, you'll be scraping the thin fabric against the curb. The outer fabric bulges a fair amount when packed, and slight sagging of the bottom does cause the wheels to "spread" a bit, but not excessively. I paid ~$40 for it, and highly recommend it at that price. Oh, a Tom Binh Cadet fits over the handle just fine.

While on my trip, I was able to see the Samsonite Uplite 2 wheel version, and I do think it is a superior bag, but it is priced accordingly (~$180). It has a conventional width locking telescoping handle and generally seemed to be of sturdier construction. I like that it has some of the traditional plastic bumpers to protect against going up curbs, etc. It also appears to have slightly more interior room than the IT Luggage bag. It is slightly heavier, but still impressively light. I would opt for this option if you want a light bag that will see frequent use.

Last edited by ikwia; Aug 5, 2017 at 11:59 pm