FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A tale of two Operational Upgrades to CE
View Single Post
Old Aug 5, 2017, 12:44 pm
Oaxaca

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
Other than BA, I've received operational upgrades on Air France, Austrian, Finnair, KLM, Lufthansa, SAS, Swiss, United, and probably some others I can't recall right now. BA is the only one that's ever brought up the possibility of not receiving the service of the upgraded class. To reiterate, this pains me more on behalf of their disproportionately graceful and sympathetic staff than on behalf of myself, as I'm well aware that any additional benefit is more than I've paid for, and I'm very thankful for a free glass of champagne — even Castelnau! I do still appreciate the gesture. But none of the other airlines had underprepared for the event of upgrading and treated me any differently from the other passengers in the cabin. Ever.
Sure, I wasn't suggesting at all that you'd displayed any sense of entitlement. It's not nice for the crew to have to give this message to customers, and most of them do it with sympathy and discretion. If BA overcatered a little in CE (if for no other reason than to give those booked in CE more chance of their first choice), this would happen less. BA is what it is now, and will get away with whatever it can.