FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying for the sake of flying with GGL and CCR in mind...
Old Aug 5, 2017, 6:32 am
milesaddict

Programs: AF Plat Ultimate, BA GGL, MS Elite
KUL-DOH Qatar Business Class

Dear FT readers,

On my previous report, I shared why I picked the B787, the other side of the coin for the flight back is the departure time: 2:30 am landing at 5am. It’s the worst possible flight for a tourist. I mean, you have to either book one more night in the hotel, wander in the city or go the lounge.
I choose the latter from both the Hilton Club lounge in Sentral where I remained until 4pm. I took the KLIA express and arrived in the lounge at 5pm.

For the full review:
http://www.youtripreport.com/report/...-qatar-airways

After a very short walk (crossing the street) I arrived t Sentral station. The round trip cost is 20€ for KLIA express.

The journey does not take long, roughly 30 minutes. At 4:45 pm I passed by the check in counter. As much as I love lounges and airports, I was weak, beat and I began feeling sick.
With my boarding pass in hand, I cleared the security and immigration very quickly thanks to the fast track.

I made my way to the First Class lounge and straight to the restaurant. I would say, we are very far from the real First Class experience. I would say Business plus more than first.

While I sat, I enjoyed to view with TK arriving from Istanbul.

Let’s check the menu:

My salad arrived… Boring choice. Come’on MH you can do better!

For the main, I picked the Miso Beef. Tasty, tender, a great meal. The presentation could have been better.

The bread basket arrived after my main… No comment.

I was still hungry and decided to go with the Caesar salad.

Again, I was still hungry… I picked few things from the buffet:

I decided to remain in the restaurant until 11pm since it closes at that time. With my laptop plugged, there is no need to move

After a long shower, I just sat close to the buffet where I could “kill” the watermelon. It was then time to board.
There is one thing I hate the most in KL is the false “boarding or last call”. It defeats the purpose. You have another security check.

I was happy to see the B787 again:

Eric the great FA took my jacket and welcomed me.

My seat for the next 7h30

Shenzhen Airlnes, an old pal back in the days I lived in China, flying twice a week from PVG to SZX.

Menus were handed out and I told Eric that I would be eating 1h prior to arrival.

Safety video (it needs to be changed since Neymar just left Barcelona -;(

As soon as we took off, I changed to my pyjama and put my seat into a bed.

Being so sick, I felt very cold and required 1 more blanket. Eric gave me 2 more. I passed out within a minute and I had a good rest thanks to the flat bed.
I woke up 1 hour away from Doha and ordered just the meat wrap.. Not the best, not the worst.

Sunrise (sort of) as we were close to land.

I then took a cab to the Ritz Carlton paid by QR!

Bottom line :

Another good flight with Qatar even if it's harder to give a notation since I spent most of my time lost in my dream... and healing.

Eric was professional and smiling to all my requests.

The lounge : The menu needs to be changed more often.

Even if I like the B787, I would try to avoid that flight to enjoy a full experience.

Thanks for reading.

I'll be taking few flights in august, send me a mail if you need a lounge access. I'll be happy to invite you. For the list:
http://www.youtripreport.com/News/De...free-follow-me

Thomas