FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Las Vegas Cosmopolitan Hotel [Master Thread]
Old Aug 4, 2017, 10:27 am
mab

Programs: UA GS 2Million, Marriott PP & LTPP, Amtrak Select Exec
Originally Posted by mab
The Cosmo is now charging a $20/day surcharge for premium tier wifi. (This is atop the "free" wifi that's wrapped into the resort fee).

Can anyone here confirm that the premium surcharge is, in actual practice, reliably waived for platinum/platinum premier? I know it should be, as an Autograph property, but the Cosmo seems different in so many other annonying respects.

Thanks.
To answer my own question, in case anyone else is curious:

I'm Marriott Platinum Premier, but made the reservation via Amex Fine Hotels (which gives you free daily brunch for 2 at the very nice buffet). I called the hotel directly to add my Marriott # to the reservation. No problem, and confirmed the rate was eligible for Marriott points.

For plat and gold, they took $5 off the $35 resort fee to cover the basic wifi (without my having to ask). I selected the premium ($19.99/day) wifi, and that charge never appeared on my bill. So all was fine, no hassle. But I was careful to confirm that they had my Marriott number in the account at checkin.

BTW, they seem to only offer a 2pm late checkout to Marriott Gold/Plat. But I got 4pm with no problem because I booked via Amex FHR.

If you're Marriott plat, you DEFINITELY want to use the Autograph lounge checkin area. It's a zoo at the regular checkin desk area.